Monday, November 22, 2021

Home To You


 Home To You

I love the feeling of coming home to you. I also love the feeling of you coming home to me. Regardless of who comes to who, there is an unspoken peace of mind knowing I am coming home to my best friend. All the judgement, disappointment, stress and busyness of the world fades away when I walk in the door. But it’s equally exciting when we have something fun, encouraging or uplifting to share coming home. No matter how tired or distracted you are, you always take the time to listen. I like that. I also like that feeling that there is always a hug and a kiss on the way. It’s a place where we added our unique touch, settled in and made it our own. Somedays it’s simply comforting knowing that I’m coming home to our routine and there is no thinking involved. We can just be. And then there are those days I’m so grateful for when you surprise me with things like a full dinner, a favorite drink or even some spontaneous time under the sheets. No matter where I am you are the destination I long for at day’s end. This world tries so hard to keep us busy and away from the things and people that are most important in our lives, but no matter how hard it tries to keep me away, the absolute best part of my day is that I get to come home, to you.

No comments: